LOCUM SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPIST
St Joseph’s Home is looking for a locum Speech and Language therapist for a 6-month contract starting in August 2022 to join our team.
Supporting a multi-disciplinary team, the SLT therapists are responsible for the patients with speech, language and/or feeding difficulties on an inpatient basis to improve their functional abilities, considering the limitations presented by their impairments, in order to improve their quality of life.
Key performance areas
- Provide speech therapy to patients referred to St Joseph’s Home on an inpatient basis to improve their functional abilities and to facilitate the reintegration of the child into different life areas
- Ensure, implement and maintain accurate, updated and effective administration
- Manage and Supervise students, and or interns and related issues
- Plan and implement ward therapeutic programmes together with other therapists
- Enhance the therapeutic environment and speech therapy function within St Joseph’s Home to provide optimal service delivery, ensuring that is in line with best practice, and through continuing professional development.
Experience and competencies
- BSc Speech and Language Pathology
- Registration with Health Professionals Council of SA
- At least two years’ experience as speech therapist in a paediatric environment
- Experience dealing with children with feeding difficulties due to neurological impairment
- Trained in Alternative Augmentative communication would be preferential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative and team player
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be able to work under pressure
- Good time management and administrative skills
If you have the relevant qualifications and experience, please send a full CV and motivation letter to email@example.com