Children diagnosed with life threatening illnesses in our care come from impoverished homes and all our services are provided at no cost to families or caregivers. We are partly subsidised by the state and the funding we receive does not cover the expenditure needed to take care of the children.
You can help change a young life by helping us minimise our funding gap by ‘Adopting’ a Child and support one or ALL of the following projects for the child/children you decide to ‘adopt’.
To create a home away from home where each child travels their own journey to healing and optimum health. This is done through:
- 24 hour nursing care
- Specialised Nutrition
- Occupational Therapy
- Attending crèche and school
- Baby Massage
- Placement of children into family care and empowerment of caregivers
- Access to Medical Treatment
- Play and Group Therapy
- Emotional Support
- Taking children to doctor’s appointments
Outcomes and Impact
- Each child will receive quality care and a firm grounding for future learning
- Each child will heal and develop physically, emotionally, socially and intellectually
through the range of services, and this creates a foundation for a better future.
- A space where children feel safe, comfortable and supported enhances the journey to healing.
- Chronically ill children need specialized nutrition and our food programme has proved to enhance the healing process.
- Home environments are assessed by St Joseph’s Social Workers before a child is discharged to ensure long term health and wellness.
- Children are discharged back into the care of family and families have been empowered on how to ensure long term health for their child.
- Foster homes are found for children who have been abandoned.
A typical day starts and ends like a normal household, with the addition of nursing and medical care and support. In between, we provide meals, schooling, therapy, hospital runs, counselling and illness-related education to parents and caregivers and most importantly, the nurses spend time teaching the older children how to take care of their medical conditions.
Each child has access to the following services and requires your support:
- Project 1: Rehabilitative Care : R1 483
- Project 2: Medicine and Food : R2 190
- Project 3: Nursing and Medical Care : R8 837
Total Per Child : R12 500
Recognition would include:
- You will be listed on our website and in our annual report as a Donor. A link to your company website can also be provided on our website.
- We can also provide you with our quarterly newsletter from which you can select a story to use on your company newsletter or profile.
- You will also receive quarterly updates on the development of the child/children you adopt.
- I would love to dedicate my donation by credit card to this project.
- I would love to dedicate my donation (postal or through wire) to this project.
- Contact us about this proposal.